Saturday, October 08, 2005

INTRODUCTION

Have you ever been through a life-changing, eye-opening experience? --no? I suggest you do so asap. I packed up my things, left my family, my friends and the love of my life.. for what? An experience, a feeling, a need. I needed to escape, and yet, did I? When it came time for me to leave, so many questions arose in my head. Was I making the right decision? Would things back home change while I was gone? Would I lose him? Would I make it on my own?
I've now been here for over a month and I've settled in. My view on many random aspects of life have changed dramatically. I appreciate the little things that are done for you while you live at home with your parents. I appreciate the accessibility of meeting new people and creating a new circle of friends. I am learning to read my own self, and connect with my body's needs. Moving away for post-secondary was the best choice I've made so far.
Things are home will change and when I go home, nothing will be the exact same as it was. But even if I had stayed at home, nothing would of stayed dormant. This was I have more stories to tell my friends. And I have more friends to tell my stories too. It's a win-win. And so far, I have not yet lost him. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww i understand how you feel its how i feel and dont wory hes not going anywhere roomie

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home